Welcome to the events page!
Bat Walks August and September 2021
The sun is setting earlier now, so it’s time to organise some bat walks. If you would like to join us, please email email@example.com stating the number in your party and the date/location you would like to attend. We will provide you with a bat detector so you can hear the bats as they fly overhead. Booking is essential, just in case the walk is cancelled (weather or covid etc), then we can let you know in advance…..
1. 14th August – Rothbury – Meet at Cowhaugh Car park @ 2030 (Organiser Mandy Tomas)
2. 21st August – Clennel – Meet just past the farm entrance on the road to Kidland @ 2010 (Organiser Mandy Tomas)
3. 26th August – Jesmond Dene – Meet at Pet’s Corner @ 2000 (Organiser Nic Faulks)
4. 1st September – Hexham – Meet on Tyne Green, near to the Rowing Club @ 1945 (Organiser Nic Faulks)
5. 7th September – Haydon Bridge – Meet on Church Street, near the graveyard entrance! @ 1930 (Organiser Nic Faulks) – Cancelled due to lack of interest!
6. 9th September – St Mary’s Causeway – Meet in the big carpark at the mainland side of the causeway @ 1930 (Organiser Nic Faulks)
Walks will all be starting between 7.30pm and 9pm and will last 1 – 2 hours. Walking will be on paths, but may involve some steps or uneven ground. You will also need to bring a head torch and to wear sturdy footing. Events will be cancelled if high winds or rain is forecast, as this lessens the chance that bats would be flying.
NBG AGM - 2021 - undertaken over Zoom
The minutes are available to members on request.
NBMP Hibernation surveys
Due to the ongoing pandemic, advice from IUCN and BCT is that hibernation surveys which may increase close contact with bat should not be undertaken. Therefore for the 2020-2021 period, no surveys have been organised. Hopefully we will be up and running again for 2021-2022 surveys.